Tuesday 1 May 2012


I’ve missed Eun Ji-won so dearly since his departure from hit variety show 1 Night 2 Days, but perhaps it won’t be long before he’s back on my to-watch roster again. On top of joining four variety shows as a regular, he’s added a new sitcom to his slate, and wait for it… IT’S SET IN THE 90s. Awwwww yeah. The clothes? The music? The pop references to 90s idol self? I’m so in.



It’s called Answer to 1997 (or more literally, Answer me 1997, which makes less sense), though reportedly the title’s not fixed yet. It’s set to air on cable network tvN this summer, and so far the cast includes contemporary idols (Where are the other 90s idols?) — Seo In-guk, A Pink’s Jung Eun-ji, and Infinite’s Hoya. There’s at least one actor I recognize: Sung Dong-il, supporting actor in every movie/drama ever, and one of the guests on 1N2D’s Supporting Actors Special.


There’s not much information yet about the story, just that it’s set in the 90s. I’m guessing that with so many singers, it’s about the early idol set, of whom Eun Ji-won is now one of the more recognized/remembered stars. Now I’m thinking Yoon Kye-sang’s sitcom run was wasted on High Kick. He could’ve played himself on this show!


Eun Ji-won really could play a thinly-veiled version of himself, which would be so awesome. Don’t believe me that he could? Take a look at him during his Sechs Kies days in the shot below. Hasn’t aged a day, right? They should get Tony Ahn to play his rival, whatever the character is. Like even if they were rival shop owners on a street corner, everything could be an H.O.T./Sechs Kies meta joke, and devolve into a dance-off. It just writes itself, I tell you.


Answer to 1997 plans to air on tvN in June.



Via Osen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me