Friday 11 May 2012


This interview is a little backdated but a worth reading.



1. Since it's your first appearance, please start with an introduction of yourselves! Please talk about the other members too!CNU: I am CNU, in charge of vocals and rap. They call me "bear" because I'm quite slow and laidback (laugh). But real bears are actually fast and nimble.Baro: CNU always cleans up after us, like checking that the door is locked. He is careful, and has the existence of a mother.Sandeul: He's delicate and caution of his actions, and is a perfectionist in all he does.Baro: I am Baro, in charge of rap in the group. As the only blood type B in the group, I am socialable and lively. My weakness is that I am brimming with mischief.Jinyoung: He's the vitamin in the team.Sandeul: Whenever he writes raps or lyrics, they come out tremendous. No matter what he does and when, he does it well.Jinyoung: I am leader Jinyoung, in charge of vocals. My strength is always have a positive mindset. Even if there may be negative issues, I feel that thinking about them positively will improve the situation. 
I like that I have such a personality (laugh). My weakness is that whenever I concentrate on doing something, I neglect my surroundings.CNU: His power of concentration is no joke.Baro: Whenever Jinyoung composes and writes and we call out to him, he can't hear it.Sandeul: I am main vocal Sandeul. It's a little... to say it myself, but we are all very naive (laugh).Jinyoung + Baro: There is a difference between being naive and innocent.Sandeul: Sorry. It's innocent (laugh). My weakness is being natural, which is also slightly different from being innocent.Baro: We get strength from Sandeul, whenever we look at him in the situation where even though there might be something he dislikes, but he still does it brightly and innocently.Jinyoung: Sandeul works really hard towards his singing. He always feels that he's lacking in his singing, to the point that he only thinks of practicing it. That's why I think he does well.Gongchan: I am Gongchan, in charge of vocals! I beat all of them in physical strength.Baro: He fools around like a child, and especially since he's the youngest, he's cute. Besides, he is always working hard in order to do better than us.Jinyoung: And even though he's the youngest, he takes a lot of care of the hyungs (laugh).Inro (manager): The father is Jinyoung, the mother is CNU, Gongchan is the baby. Baro and Sandeul are the hyungs who never seem to grow up (laugh).
2. From a blood type B's point of view, in which ways the other 4 members resemble a blood type A?Baro: Blood type As usually appear to be timid, but the 4 of them are not like that. They have a meticulous side to them though. Every weekend we set aside some time to talk and exchange opinions, 
that way we won't fight. We don't usually give thought on the difference in personalities brought by by our different blood types.Jinyoung: We really have never fought before. People always say that's a lie, but it's really the truth.
3. So what do the 4 members with blood type A think of Baro? How is he like a blood type B?Sandeul: He's really cool.CNU: Baro is forgetful.Jinyoung: Baro finds it amazing that we remember even the most trivial things (laugh)
4. As expected of a blood type B (laugh). Tell us more about what kind of group is B1A4.Jinyoung: All the members are really serious about music. CNU and Baro make raps, and check for each other while exchanging opinions. Sandeul is very strong-minded about singing. In order to make 
better expressions, Gongchan goes to the extent of standing in front of the mirror to practice. As for me... Is it alright to say this myself? (Members: Okay!) As for me, I am working really hard on writing, 
composing and editing music. We as B1A4 want to become special. So I've actually requested this to the company.Baro: Our charm is the hardworking side to us in order to make better music.Jinyoung: One more charm point! Being friendly with the members! Since we are not pretty boys, we cannot fight with our face.Sandeul: I am satisfied with my face (laugh).Jinyoung: We'll fight with our friendliness. There are many replies on the Internet saying that we are like 'next-door oppas'.
5. In your debut album, you composed Bling Girl. What did you come up with in the recent IT B1A4?Jinyoung: In this album, I wrote, composed and edited Wonderful Tonight. It fills a person with deep emotions! It's a song that has the meaning of a guy wanting to tell the girlfriend who is leaving not to 
leave, since it's a wonderful night.Sandeul: It's a man who does what he wants to~Jinyoung: Ayyy~ What's with that sort of reactionㅠㅜBaro: It's a song with various interpretations possible (laugh).
6. Tell us about stories what happens behind the scenes when you create songs!Jinyoung: (The songs I make are) Incomplete if it is only me around. CNU and Baro help me out with making the rap parts, and we practice together, and when we are tired they sing to me. Thank you!Baro: I excitedly agreed to help him and we're doing well but 4am in the morning is a little... Even so, since it's a request from Jinyoung hyung, I can't say no (laugh). This kind of situations are where 
Jinyoung hyung is really positive.Jinyoung: I was sorry about that and I apologized!Baro: Jinyoung hyung also participated as director in this album.Sandeul: He was such a strict director we gave him the nickname of "goblin-director".
7. What made you start composing?Jinyoung: I really loved music in the first place. But I never studied it before, I couldn't play the pianos and I knew nuts about chords. Since before our debut, I started composing on my personal laptop. 
When I let everyone listen, the reaction was good so we ended up recording for Bling Girl. In order for sound not to be lost when we were making the demo tape, we recorded it in a wardrobe and 
Sandeul's voice was so loud that the student living next door told us to be quiet. Ever since then, we recorded our demo tapes in the closet hiding behind all the clothes.Sandeul: We hid behind all the clothes in the closet until it was 4 to 5 in the morning (laugh). Since Jinyoung hyung couldn't play the keyboard, he composed with his computer and a mouse. I tried to 
follow him in doing that but it was so difficult I gave up.Jinyoung: Other composers also said that (the way he composed) was labor.. (laugh)
8. CNU and Baro also wrote the lyrics to title track Beautiful Target right?CNU: Yes, we had an idea meeting to discuss the feelings of how a person would feel when thinking of the person she/he likes.Baro: We imagined how a person would feel when thinking of his girlfriend. We tried to express it with "feelings going zoom zoom, like a rocket launching off". It's interesting to listen to the song, 
because of the repetitive phrases, and sound effects like gun shots and screaming.
9. During O.K, the gentle breeze dance received much attention. What is the main choreography point in Beautiful Target?Jinyoung: During the 'like it like it' part, our legs move from side to side with poses as if we're shooting something/someone. There's no name for it, but it's a cute dance (laugh).Baro: Somewhat like a huntsmen dance? It's a dance that game will feel happy after watching. The fans can follow and dance along.Jinyoung: The focus of this song is CNU and Baro's interesting lyrics!



Source: moeeri @ Daum CafeTranslation Credits: skipfire @ FLIGHTB1A4.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me