Friday 1 June 2012

[B.A.P Hot Debut Story] Zelo ③ “Can you raise me (to become a singer)?”

“How did the celebrities inside our televisions become a star?”

With the outlooks on the entertainment industry rising one step higher, we as the public aren’t just curious about their glamorous images, but their back stories before they became celebrities as well.

We have prepared the column “star story” in our publishing which not only tells a truthful side to stars, but their past that brought them to where they are today. This episode’s protagonist is the cute magnae of B.A.P, Zelo.


In attending an academy at such a young age, Zelo had hardships that came with his desires of increasing his skills and it was that he had to sell his possessions for fares to get to Gwangju where the academy was located, an hour distance from Mokpo which is where he lived.

“I took the bus every day from Mokpo to Gwangju to attend the academy and the fare wasn’t all that cheap either. In thinking of my parents who always covered for me, I was driven to work harder and since then, I learned how to save up my money.”

Those who had underestimated Zelo’s success started changing their perspectives into a positive outlook in seeing him grit his teeth to work hard. In not succumbing to the compliments around him, he was given the opportunity to meet the musicians of his dreams as he continued to work hard in increasing his skills.

“One day, seniors Dynamic Duo came to perform at the Gwangju Gwangcheon Terminal and the two of them took a photo with me. I thought that they wouldn’t take a photo with just me but they did and I was really happy. Since then, I started liking seniors Dynamic Duo (laughs).”

However, his fate with Dynamic Duo didn’t end there as he appeared as a guest of their performance.

“On Christmas, I remember seeing seniors Dynamic Duo at a performance in Gwangju and I even stood as a guest for their performance. I remember singing the song ‘Solo’ then and I remember asking for them to ‘raise me’ (in becoming a singer) but they said it would be difficult because they were enlisted at the time (laughs). It’s an unforgettable memory.”

Zelo didn’t let go of his studies to dance, but spent his days in school as he also had an unforgettable teacher.

“I attended Jeil Middle School in Mokpo and for all three years, I think I met good homeroom teachers, teacher Jo Hyunjin who taught science being the most memorable of them, all. Seeing my peers solve hard problems so easily during class made me wish I was studious also but in trying to start, it seemed difficult and my teacher at the time had given me the advice, “Do what you like consistently because that’s what’s important.” I gained courage from those words and worked hard in both dancing and studying.”

TBC


CREDITS: HERALD M (SOURCE); HEODANG @ TUMBLR (TRANSLATION)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me