Thursday 24 May 2012


…has a curious lack of abs. C’mon, it’s the unwritten rule of post-army photos! Or maybe he’s being a big tease and saving it all up for the drama comeback, Arang and the Magistrate. Although, I dunno where in a mystery sageuk we’d expect to see the magistrate’s abs. This is where you pray it’s more fusion than sageuk, since fusion allows for liberties in style and convenient lapses in proper wardrobing.



The magazine spread comes from Allure Korea, and was shot in Canada; British Columbia’s Osoyoos, Kelowna, and Vancouver were the sites visited during the brief break Lee had before beginning filming on the drama. In the accompany interview, Lee explains missing filming while serving his two-year military term: “It was really tough and painful, following all those dramas while in the army, but now that I have a drama in the works, I’m really happy.”


Arang and the Magistrate is one of the promising upcoming dramas I’ve got my eye on, partly because I think the cast is likely to have chemistry, partly because the producers have solid (and relevant) credits (Hon to satisfy the creepy, atmospheric thriller quotient, and Chosun Police to hit the sageuk and mystery elements), and partly because the premise is so potentially rich. I’m a sucker for updated fairy tales, and this one’s an updated folk-ghost story, famous enough to be well-known by the general public (think Grimm’s fairy tales) but not done to death in film or dramaland like Cinderella. I’m crossing my fingers that everything comes together well.


The magazine is Allure’s June issue; Arang and the Magistrate hits airwaves in July.












Via Newsen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me