Monday 21 May 2012



Fans from all Colombian cities and a lot of fans from others coutries like Peru and Ecuador, were waiting since Saturday really early to welcome the first kpop group that visited our country. The fans were ready with their banners and uniform, the KISS MEs, the fanclub, were waiting for them ( U-KISS ), who signed the kpop history in Colombia.
U-KISS arrived at around 3pm on a bus that seemed to be the same which carried the day before, when they (U-KISS) attended the fanmeeting, where a lot of fans knew them really close. It was really emotional and a girl fainted. It wasn't her fault

In dressing room, they (U-KISS) had a very large area compared to others artists, where they shared the area with lucky contestants of a KPOP contest "CARACOL" made by LG. Outside, there was a lot of excited fans waiting to see them for the first time. The admirable Jin Myung Lim, one of judges of the kpop contest "CARACOL" was with them ( fans ) all the time.

The first U-KISS member I saw was Eli, who was listening to music, with black pants and white t-shirt, but it wasn't for a long time because he went back to the dressing room. After a while, they went out together. I was really surprised because they walked away with pace, moving them hands and arms and walking in a special way, in addition to arranging their jackets. Maybe they were excited.

The group was wearing a bright clothing. Fashion is very important part of Korean wave and showed them to keep up with a black colored suits and bright gold, with long jackets and black boots with taches. Also, note that contrary to what many people think, they aren't short. I personally am not very high, but the stature of some of them really surprised me.

I went to the place where most of people were gathered for an interview. AJ and Dongho were excited and danced a little bit, while Kiseop began to yawn. Of course in their country should be 5~6AM, so they should be really tired. They talked and took pictures with so many people while we were waiting for their interview.

And it was the time I was really lucky and I took a picture with them. In the end I said " I love you " to them, anyways I am a fan. They were good because fans taught them some things in Spanish on twitter, Eli told me " I love you " and then Kevin thanked me for the kind words. That moment I had a collapse of happiness, I couldn't believe it.

Some time later, the manager of "CARACOL" asked me what were good questions for interview. I was in the fanmeeting then I knew U-KISS answered a lot of questions about Colombia then I suggested him to ask them something about "ideal type/women", this is a thing that fans like to know. Lim helped with the translation. Hoon replied he likes small and plump women, while Soohyun his ideal type was the hostess. Many fans died of of envy but it had much humor and energy. And again a question about Colombia and U-KISS replied saying they were really happy because they are in Colombia and with their fans. I was really close to them but unfortunately the language barrier was quite strong and I was able to talk only with those who did know English. I asked them if they could speak the language (although I already knew the answer but wanted to try) and they said no. And then I only could take pictures.

Then they went to their dressing rooms to get ready for the concert. When they came back, they went with the kpop team of LG. I was lucky again and I was with them backstage. They looked calm but you could see they were pretty tired especially Soo Hyun who could not stop yawning. But he was always with a smile on his face.

U-KISS was really curious about what was going on, and then they didn't hesitate to start moving to the rhythm of 2NE1 and 2PM. I also could not stop moving and we look through a small space what was happening on stage.

And then the concert started. Kinda of tension because of sound problems with Soohyun and also because of some technical problems in the performance. But U-KISS was really energetic dancing and didn't disappoint the public that waited for many hours. What a pity. They only sang a few songs, then they gave us a lot of themselves and the fans were really happy. Many fans ( KISS MEs ) were worried because a lot of people didn't know them, but everything was wonderful.

And the performance ended, they were very tired. Equipment and jackets were removed and they went to the dressing room again. This time I get close to Kevin, who very kindly took a picture with me.. I couldn't talk to him a lot because he had to leave asking me to apologize.

They left the place. However, they marked a big difference for K-pop fans in the country, demonstrating that the K-Pop really is growing a lot in the music scene and hope to grow also in Colombia. U-KISS' performance steal the fans' attention, it was amazing, and of course U-KISS is a big group. We ( fans ) wait for them to comeback soon, how they promised, and I hope they will grow in Colombia too.



Credits: blogs.los40.com.co + yaahsmaidi @ twitter (English translation)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me