Tuesday 5 June 2012


In 2011, B1A4 was selected as definite super rookies through their eye-catching album sales results and after sweeping various rookie awards. Having debuted for a year, in 2012, they even managed to place first on music charts amidst prominent senior artists, and are currently being boldly recognized in terms of their rising strength in the mainstream market. Although they are receiving the spotlight as ‘New trend-dols’, we met B1A4 who are still simple-minded.
Your new song ‘Sleep well, goodnight’ held first place on music charts and is getting a hot responseI really liked the song ever since Jinyoungie hyung let me listen to the guide version for the very first time. It was to the point where I said to hyung, “Hyung, I have no idea what you’re thinking about as you live your life”. For some reason, I thought a lot of people would like it, and I feel really happy because a lot really seem to like it. (Sandeul) As we were preparing for this repackage album, we had thoughts like ‘How would it be promoting with this song?’, and looked forward to it a lot. As much as it was anticipated, since there were a lot of people who have been liking it, we just feel all the more happy about it. (CNU)
The song is unique in that it’s about going off to dance after putting your girlfriend to sleep. How did this idea come about to Jinyoung who wrote the lyrics? By any chance, from your own experiences?It definitely wasn’t from experience. I wrote the melody and the lyrics for the chorus came out first. Up to ‘baby goodnight, sleep well goodnight. dancing in the moonlight’. So with these lyrics, I tried imagining a variety of different situations. It could’ve just been a song to dance along to and it could’ve also have been slightly thought of to have a deeper meaning. After thinking of it like that, somehow it turned into a situation of going out to dance after putting your girlfriend to sleep.
The video call teasers were a hot topic but I think it would’ve been really awkward and difficult to carry out the acting as if you had a partner on the other end. We’re curious of the behind storiesThere was really a lot of trial and error. At first, we had set a date to film it on but since it really didn’t work out, we had to pick another day to do it on. Even though there wasn’t a partner, we would have to pretend like they would be listening, right. I found it difficult to wait and make reactions to that. (Baro)Jinyoungie hyung went first and said “This is really hard” and since he said that, I replied “What’s so hard about that, it looks like something you can do right away’ and after trying it myself, it didn’t work out. Even after sticking on notes of lines I’d written down, it still didn’t work out. That’s why I said for now ‘Let’s try doing it right after waking up’ and slept. I opened my eyes in the middle of the night and for some reason I felt that I would be able to do it now. So I went into the closet and filmed it there right away, and if you watch the video, you’ll notice that I forgot the lyrics to the lullaby in the middle? That was because I was still in a sleepy state and since I had to act, I couldn’t remember the lyrics so it turned out like that. (Sandeul)I really couldn’t do it so after contemplating, I even made up a scenario. I really think there was a lot of trial and error. (CNU)I started the video filming, but it was really hard. There was nobody there and you had to do it while looking at yourself. And we also had to wait for the other’s response. Still, I finished it in one go. (Jinyoung)I was the member who did the worst. It took me 5 nights and 6 days of staying up to film. After practices, when the hyungs would be washing up, I would be in the room alone filming and I’d be checking the file over and over…. Since I filmed like that for several days straight, the hyungs even thought I was really on the line with someone. (Gongchan) Gongchannie was having a hard time so I was there next to him helping him out. I even played the role of the girlfriend, made comments, and asked to ‘give me a kiss’, placing my cheek next to his and I even pretended to act like I was getting embarrassed…. euah (Baro)
From your 1st album title song ‘Baby I’m Sorry’ and the repackage album title song ‘Sleep well, goodnight’ following afterward, they’re all Jinyoung’s songs. He’s also the leader of the team, but we’re also curious of the sides of producer Jung Jinyoung and leader Jung JinyoungIf leader Jung Jinyoung hyung is the type to lead us in a smooth manner, then producer Jung Jinyoung hyung, since he needs to perfect the feelings [of the songs] even more, he gets more serious. Whenever he’s like that, I think he looks really cool from behind. (Gongchan) If as a leader, he has a soft charisma then as a producer he has a smooth way of handling things and there’s also a level-headed side to him as well. If there are times when we can’t get it on point, he makes us do it till we do. He could be locked in being in his own world but his mind is always open. It’s his own song but he knows how to amend to other peoples’ opinions. (CNU) Usually, he leaves stuff around and is good at losing things but when it comes to producing or composing, he gets really precise and sensitive.  A tiger? Lion? Should we say he’s like that. (Baro) A devil! I’d analyze the song in my own way and sing it like that but my interpretations are always different. I wouldn’t be able to leave the booth until I get the exact feel [of the song]. So to me, he seems like a devil. Haha (Sandeul)
Then how do you record Jinyoung’s parts? There are times hyung would do it himself and there are times where we’d watch over him too. (Baro) When I watch over him, I make sure he doesn’t come out of the booth! Even if there are okay parts, we’d keep them but still tell him to continue recording. (Sandeul) It’s forced, forced (Baro)
Sandeul debuted as a musical actor through the musical, ‘Brothers Were Brave’. What are you thoughts on it?I wanted to take part in a musical ever since I was younger, so I was really happy to be given this opportunity and think of it as an honor. If there’s something tiring and difficult about it? Although there’s nothing really tiring about it, my Gyeongsang-do dialect keeps coming out, so… I need to speak in a Seoul dialect, but my own dialect keeps mixing in and coming out. However, the character I play is from Andong, so there are parts where I’m allowed to use a bit of my dialect. Other actors ask me about that part. 
I’m curious about your goals for this year. If you achieve these goals, what is the thing you want to do most?My goal is to hold a concert. Although I don’t know how I’ll feel once I finish the concert, other seniors say in interviews that they feel very touched and lighthearted. With that feeling, I want to go on a trip with the mindset of starting something new, and have time to think about my future plans and regaining my mindset. (Baro)My goal is to get 1st place on a music broadcast, but if we’re given a break, I want to watch all the movies that I hadn’t been able to watch. I really like watching movies, and my mind feels comfortable after I watch them. It feels like I just lived in that movie and I’m able to feel multiple emotions from that as well. (Jinyoung)I want for people to look back a year and tell us that we improved. If I’m content after hearing those words from many people, I want to gift myself a break. I think it would be good to have my own time while going on a drive, go to my hometown, and visit memorable locations. (CNU)If we all reach our goals of getting 1st place on a music broadcast and holding a concert, I want to climb a mountain. I went alone to mountains often before. And I want to eat tasty food once I come down too! (Sandeul)My goal is to receive the Bonsang during end-of-the-year awards ceremonies. If we are given a break, I want to go down to my hometown and talk about stories that I haven’t been able to share with my family and go on a trip with them as well. (Gongchan)

trans. cr; susan & hyejin @ b1a4transsource cr; bnt news

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me