Tuesday 5 June 2012


B1A4 debuted in April of 2011 and ran all the way here without taking a break while releasing ‘O.K’, ‘Beautiful Target’, ‘Baby I’m Sorry’, and now, ‘Baby Goodnight’ and they are currently still running forwards. How was B1A4’s 1 year?
It’s already been over a year since you debuted. Comparing how it was when you first debuted with now, what changed the most?I think our mindset that we had when we debuted differs from the actions we took once we hit our 1st year. We gained a stronger sense of responsibility and become more mature mentally. (Jinyoung) Differing from when we debuted, we try to think more when we deal with people around us. We also try our best to not give them any troubles. Truthfully, it was too much to think about that when we first debuted, but I think we changed like that because we met many people. (Baro) Our parents like it more. I was proud and felt good when I heard that there were people who heard about us and were asking them to get our signatures. (CNU) My grandmother and grandfather boast about me to people in their town. Every time I call them, I feel like crying when they say, ‘Thanks to you, I’m able to have something to boast about’. (Sandeul)
You gained a lot of juniors in 1 year. Just around a year ago, you guys were the youngest, so how does it feel to hear yourselves being called seniors?It feels quite strange. When we first debuted, we thought, ‘Would we get juniors too?’, and it feels strange now that they’re here. It’s to the point where we would think ‘Are we seniors?’ when they would write ‘seniors’ as we exchanged CDs. (Jinyoung) When they give us CDs, they write things like ‘B1A4 seniors. Your stages are really amazing’, ‘We will learn a lot from you’. We write things like that and give it to our seniors, so it felt strange to be on the receiving end. (Sandeul)
You even participated in ‘Dream Concert’, which is said to be a festival for popular singers. It was the largest stage since your debut, so how did it feel?I really think I won’t be able to forget it. Should I say it was the seniors’ aura? I could totally feel that. I normally don’t get nervous on stage, but my legs and hands were really shaking. I was unaware of my surroundings to the point that I didn’t know how time passed by. And to add on to that, my voice went away the day before, so I couldn’t sing even during rehearsals. I went on stage, believing that superhuman strength would be able to come out, but my voice really came out. I was yelling and singing to the point where I didn’t know my throat was hurting, so my voice completely went away once I came down from the stage. (Baro) I was nervous starting from the day before. There was a large burden of having to do well even right before I went on the stage, and I was really nervous, but after I went up, I just felt happy. But after finishing it and coming down, my tension went away to the point where I lost strength in my legs. (CNU)
You did a lot of variety show promotions in the past, but which member has the most personal connections?It’s most likely Baro, who went on a lot variety programs. (Everyone) But the people that I’m really close with are (Jung) Junha hyung, Hyunyoung noona, and (Kim) Nayoung noona, who did ‘God of Cookery Road’ with me, and because I’m not the type to act affectionate, I’m a bit awkward with people who came out as guests. (Baro) But when they talk to him and greet him at music broadcasts, we’re just like, ‘Wow, they even talk to him’, and feel envious. (Sandeul)
If you were to pick idols that you want to befriend in the future?It would be Super Junior seniors for me. When we went out on ‘Star King’, Leeteuk senior took good care of us and we met Shindong senior a couple of times on his radio, and he took care of us well also. Kyuhyun senior is also a senior of my school. Although our seniors take care of us well, we still find it a bit difficult, so we find it quite hard to approach them. (Baro)I want to become friendlier with Super Junior seniors as well. I also want to befriend Beast seniors. Although there were many times we met during trainee days, I wasn’t able to say anything and I felt sad about it. (Sandeul) I want to become friends with Beast seniors as well! (Jinyoung)DBSK seniors for me. I want to learn a lot from them by talking about their know-how’s as seniors, thoughts they get when holding a performance, and the stage manners. (Gongchan)Truthfully, I want to befriend Big Bang seniors, DBSK seniors, Super Junior seniors, and Beast seniors, but I have a larger desire to learn from them instead. Since we’re still rookies who have only reached 1 year, it’s difficult for us and we can’t really approach them easily either. It would be really great if we could become friends with these seniors. (CNU)
Having unit group promotions inside groups are getting more popular, so if you were to do unit group promotions later on, which member would you like to try it with?I want to try it with CNU hyung. Ever since our trainee days, we practiced rap together, and we worked well with each other and since our styles are different, I think we would be able to fill up each other’s lacking areas. (Baro)I think it would be fun if I did it with Jinyoung. Since our vocal styles are different from each other, I think a new charm would come out. (CNU)Since I haven’t thought about unit groups, I want to try it with everyone. Since everyone has their own color, I think that, ‘If I do it with this member, then this kind of stage will come out’. (Jinyoung)Even if it’s not album promotions, I want to do a performance with Gongchan. There were times when I said to Gongchan, ‘Let’s harmonize with each other and sing a song,’ and practiced. I think it would be fun if I did it with Gongchan. (Sandeul)I want to do it with Sandeul hyung too. Whenever we’re singing, he always helps me on the side, leads me well, and tells me a lot of things, so I think it would be fun if we did it together. (Gongchan)Later on in the future, I think it would be fun to divide ourselves in groups of two and switch off with each other and create our own album. And each group that meets would be different. I think it would be really fun. (Baro) And have the album called, ‘Number of Cases’. (Jinyoung) Hyung needs to make us 10 songs. (Gongchan)

trans. cr; hyejin @ b1a4transsource cr; bnt news

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me